TNW New York, the exclusive digital technology event will be kicking off its 5th edition today.
TNW New York, the “by invitation only” conference spearheaded by The Next Web, will once again bring together over a thousand industry leaders to discover, discuss, and shape today and tomorrow’s digital technology. The exclusive tech event ensures that participants will get the inspiration they need to conquer their business needs in the next two to five years.
Live Stream TNW 2017 here
Each participant is guaranteed to bring home actionable tactics that can be implemented right away.#TNW17 is happening today! Learn the latest in digital tech! @TNWNYC Click To Tweet
TNW New York is specifically structured around three primary goals and session types:
- Now Sessions, for delivering actionable insights that you can implement to transform your business now
- Next Sessions, exploring the technologies and tactics that will change the rules of engagement in the future
- Afterhours, allowing you to make the most of our carefully curated, invite-only guest list when it comes to networking
Each session type has its own format and is comprised of over 70 available sessions that participants can choose from. The event will be hosted at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan, New York.
Enter the #TNWNY Hackbattle and WIN:
• $1000 cash 💸
• 4x Nintendo Switch consoles 🎮
• 4x TNW Conference 2018 tickets 🎟
— TNW New York | #TNWNY 🇺🇸 (@TNWNYC) December 5, 2017
TNW New York: Speakers
The TNW New York conference will have more than 70 deep-dive sessions and just 9 main-stage talks. Now Sessions will be a series of in-depth roundtable sessions led by industry experts. It is specifically designed to provide participants with actionable insights to transform their business. One speaker will be assigned to every seven attendees.
Furthermore, nine keynote speakers will take over the keynote stage of the Next Session. CEOs, futurists, and industry leaders will discuss the implications of new digital technologies. Topics are expected to revolve around blockchain, artificial intelligence, automation, machine learning, the Internet of Things (IoT), and more.
Some of the notable speakers that will be in attendance include:
- Pamela Pavliscak, CEO, Change Sciences
- Christopher Young, CEO, McAfee
- Tony Jebara, Head of Machine Learning, Netflix
- Camille Francois, Principal Researcher, Google Jigsaw
- Anjali Sud, CEO, Vimeo
- Dennis Crowley, Co-Founder & Executive Chairman, Foursquare
- Gilad Lotan, VP Data Science, Buzzfeed
- Adam Leibsohn, Co-Founder & COO, Giphy
- Jonathan Rochelle, Co-Founder, Google Drive
- Mark Webster, Founder & CEO, Sayspring
- Meltem Demirors, Director, Digital Currency Group
- Dennis Mortensen, Co-Founder & CEO, X.AI
- Kristian Hammond, Chief Scientist, Narrative Science
- Will Koffel, Head of Startup Programs, Google Cloud
- Matthew Zeifer, Founder & CEO, Clarifal
The complete list of speakers for the TNW New York conference is available here.
TNW New York: Roundtables and Stage Program
Here are some of the topics that will be discussed at the Now sessions. The sessions are divided into four rounds based on their schedule.
Now Round 1: From 10:45 AM to 11:30 AM
- Am I Talking to a Human? The Need for Bot Transparency.
- Long term strategy: Solving large-scale problems like the opioid crisis
- Developing Successful Business Partnerships
- How to build products on top of data?
- Redesign Strategy 101
- Upside-Down Market Entry: Global to Local in the Mobile Era
- The impact of Large-scale AI M&A on progress
- Impactful Storytelling for Innovators & Disruptors
- Blockchain-Taking Stock for C-Suites
- Saying “No” & Setting Boundaries
- Corporate Innovations: Using Accelerators & VC Funds to stimulate Innovation inside of Large Companies
- Driving Value Through the Frontlines: How to Make Smart Investments in Customer Service
- Need a roadmap for AI and emerging tech? Look East where the Future has started long ago
- Building (useful) Data Science Teams
For the complete details of the remaining three Rounds and the Afterhours, go here.