Now in its second year, Smart Home Summit 2017 begins today in Palo Alto.
After the success of its 2016 event, Smart Home Summit is coming back for another two-day event that will be held at the Crowne Plaza in Palo Alto, California starting today, November 15th through tomorrow.
For this year, the event will cover more issues, solutions, and ongoing developments that could either make or break the smart home market. If you’re participating in this year’s Smart Home Summit, it means three things:
- More opportunities to meet top-tier vendors
- Network with other fellow executives
- Experience keynote presentations that will take connected living from cool to crucial
The summit’s number one goal is to help its participants build connections with the latest technologies, companies, and people that make a difference in the smart home industry. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to gather new ideas and turn your home from simple to ‘smarter.’
#SHSummit is happening today in Palo Alto, California! Are you attending?Click To Tweet
From the technical, to the strategic, to the future of the #SmartHome – it’s all covered on the agenda at Smart Home Summit today! Get the specifics here → https://t.co/nuA3o8MEhe #SHSummit pic.twitter.com/QGPQIYQBki
— IoT World Series (@IoTWorldSeries) November 15, 2017
Smart Home Summit: Speakers
This year, Smart Home Summit 2017 will bring together over 50 speakers from different fields of the smart home industry. One of the keynote speakers would be Bill Ablondi, Director Smart Home Strategies at Strategy Analytics, a global organization which helps Global 500 companies chart prosperous routes through complex technology markets.
Bill has over 25 years of experience in market strategy development, competitive assessment, and market forecasting for manufacturers and service providers in the information technology and consumer electronics sectors.
Aside from Bill, other notable speakers for the Smart Home Summit include:
- Greg Walker, Research Director, Continental Automated Buildings Association (CABA)
- Jeff Patton, General Manager of Connected Home Products, GE Lighting
- Christopher Caen, Head of Marketing, Ecovacs Robotics, Inc.
- Jeff Smith, Chief Technology Officer, Mersoft
- Patrice Samuels, Senior Analyst, Parks Associates
- Bob O’Donnell, President & Chief Analyst, TECHnalysis Research
- Jim Dobbie, Executive Vice President, Hunt Companies
- Aaron Emigh, CEO & Co-Founder, Brilliant, Inc.
- Matthew Bright, Chairman of Retail & Payment, NFC Forum
- Jessica Groopman, Industry Analyst & Founding Partner, Kaleido Insights
- Jeff Lyman, Senior Vice President, Consumer Experience, Vivint Smart Home
- Lindsey Turretine, Vice President and Editor-in-Chief, CNET.com at CBS Interactive
- Tim Westman, Marketing Director of Smart Home Group, Intel Corporation
- Patrick Anderson, Director of Client Services, Thug Design
- Colin Bay, Chief Research Officer, Thug Design
- Anna Chalmers, Senior Advisor, The Palmer Group
- Navee Chhangani, Sr. Director, Product Management, Arlo Smart Home, NETGEAR
- Ronan de Renesse, Practice Leader for Consumer Technology, Ovum
- Derrick Dicoi, Executive Director of Project Management, Xfinity Home, Comcast
- Neal Foster, Vice President of Product Management, Xfinity Home, Comcast
For the full list of this year’s Smart Home Summit speakers, click here.
Smart Home Summit: Agendas and Schedules
- Analyst Breakfast Briefing: The future of smart home devices and interoperability
- Analyst Breakfast Briefing: What are the biggest legal challenges facing Smart Home companies?
- The Evolving Smart Home
- Smart Home Today
- Defining the 5 consumer archetypes in today’s Smart Home
- Panel: There’s no place like a Smart Home
- Networking Coffee Break
- Chairman’s Opening Remarks
- 8 Barriers to Mass-Market Adoption of the Smart Home
- Panel: How the right Digital Personal Assistant enables Smart Home Management
- Getting it Right: 3 Key Smart Home Engineering & Design Mistakes to Avoid
- Maintaining the Smart Home: upgrades, support, security
- Panel: Curating devices to create truly ‘Smart’ home packages
- Emotional Barriers to Smart Home Adoption
- Fireside Chat- Collaborative value: How owners of Smart Homes and Vehicles are insurance companies’ dream customers
- Does the Lack of Standards Inhibit Interoperability? (Answer: Yes)
- Panel: Creating connected homes from top to bottom: fully integrated and interoperable
- AI creating truly smart homes
- Panel: How to create reliable, long-lived and secure smart homes
- Broadening our understanding of ‘home’ in a virtual sense
- Panel: Creating smart homes for the whole family: age, ability, and adaptability
- Analyst Breakfast Briefing: Monetizing Next-Gen Smart Home Solutions
- Analyst Breakfast Briefing: Which Smart Home Features and Capabilities Consumers Want Most
- Understanding the true ‘smart’ home experience
- Building Homes Smarter: The Future of Integrated Smart Home Technology
- Panel: Considering the Smart Home
- The Best Way to Deliver Real Time Video in the Smart Home
- Panel: Security at the edge: beyond security cameras and doorbells – properly secured devices defending the home
- Ambient Computing: How Touch, Voice, and Sensors create delightful home experiences
- The Future of the Intelligent Home
- How to Secure the Smart Home from Cyber Threats
- Fireside Chat: How multi-dwellings buildings are expanding the smart home market
- Panel: Moving beyond “Smart” to “Intelligent” with AI
- The Smart Home patent landscape: protecting your ideas and defending against the rise of Smart Home trolls
- Panel: The human/home interface – the best platforms for communicating with your home
If you want to book your tickets for the Smart Home Summit, go here.