Microsoft’s SharePoint Fest Chicago is kicking off today. Get all the details here.
The SharePoint Fest Chicago is one of Microsoft‘s most significant tech events this year and today is Day 1 of the fest. The event will have over 90 sessions in multiple tracks which will enable attendees to choose from a wide range of technical classes and workshops.
Classes and workshops will be led by Microsoft Certified Trainers, Microsoft engineers, and Microsoft MVPs. Topics that will be covered include:
- Enterprise Content Management
- Power Users
- Social SharePoint
- Business Value
- Office 365
- Business Intelligence
- Special Topics
- SharePoint Development
Participants of the event can choose one complete track or mix and match them based on what content best meets their personal or organizational needs. There are also sessions specially created for SharePoint Administrators, software developers, information architects, and knowledge workers.
Aside from getting the opportunity to learn how to leverage SharePoint in their organization’s current setting, participants will get the chance to mingle with experts and peers in their respective industries, plus get to see how the SharePoint ecosystem has been growing and evolving today.
The four-day tech event will be hosted at the McCormick Place-South starting today, Tuesday, December 5th, until Friday, December 8th. People could still register via this link.@SharePointFest starts today in #Chicago! Learn directly from @Microsoft MVPsClick To Tweet
SharePoint Fest Chicago: Speakers
The SharePoint Fest Chicago will be bringing together some of Microsoft’s best engineers, trainers, and MVPs together to share their expertise and knowledge about the SharePoint platform.
Among the previous SharePoint speakers that will be gracing this year’s event are Microsoft’s Senior Product Marketing Manager Cathy Dew, SharePoint and Yammer’s Director of Product Marketing Dan Holme, and SharePoint and Office 365’s Senior Product Manager Chris McNaulty.
In total, the event will have over 80 of Microsoft’s seasoned MVPs and subject matter experts as speakers. The list includes:
- Brian Alderman, Microsoft MVP since 1995
- Marc Anderson, Co-Founder and President of Sympraxis Consulting LLC
- Prashant G. Bhoyant, Microsoft Office Server & Services MVP and Microsoft Certified Professional
- Tamara Bredemus, Director of Collaboration Services with The City of Minneapolis
- Michelle Caldwell, Microsoft Office Servers and Services MVP and Regional Director
- Vlad Catrinescu, SharePoint and Office 365 Consultant
- Liam Cleary, Trainer
- Andrew Connel, full stack web developer
- Stacy Deere-Strole, Owner of Focal Point Solutions LLC
- Shyamal Addaki, Director of FireStart for North America
- Matthew Bailey, Microsoft Certified Trainer for Noteworthy Technology Training
- Mike Fitzmaurice, Vice President of Workflow Technology for Nintex
- Ian Gillespie, Backupify’s Enterprise Sales Engineer
- Bre Huston, Technical Specialist at K2
For a full list of SharePoint Fest Chicago’s speakers, click here.
SharePoint Fest Chicago: Agendas
The SharePoint Fest Chicago’s first two days, December 5th and 6th will be dedicated to numerous workshops. The workshops will cover various topics such as:
- Accelerate SharePoint Success: How to Best Plan, Manage and Control Migration Projects
- Discover SharePoint and Office 365 – What do you have in there?
- Mastering the SharePoint Framework
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Power BI
- SharePoint Automation Bootcamp
- Becoming a Master Power User in SharePoint and Office 365
- SharePoint 101
- Power Up with PowerApps
- SharePoint Framework Jump Start
December 7th and 8th will be the official conference dates. The topics are divided into 5 sessions per day where participants can choose the topics per session based on their level of expertise. Topics for the two-day conference will include:
- Building a Hybrid SharePoint Environment: The Best of Both Worlds
- Developers, The Case for Microservices and Containers for Dev Environment & Your Next App
- Using Logic Apps to Automate Your Processes
- The Document Set Content Type
- Introduction to Office 365 Groups
- High-Value Scenarios for Microsoft Teams
- Developing SPFx Components using Visual Studio
- Oh! The Places You Will go in SharePoint
- How to Build Search Queries Effectively to Do More with SharePoint
The complete agenda for the SharePoint Fest Chicago’s workshops and conferences can be viewed here.