Open Source Monitoring Conference begins today in Germany.
One of today’s leading tech conferences, the Open Source Monitoring Conference (OSMC), is back to bring together some of the brightest monitoring experts from different parts of the world. The four-day event will be held at Holiday Inn Nuremberg City Conference in Germany starting today, November 21st, until November 24th.
OSMC was created to give administrators, developers, and decision-makers from the OS environment the opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and expand their network. It serves as an avenue for these bright minds to collaborate and discuss the latest best practices and case studies in open source monitoring with each other.
Open Source Monitoring Conference will include several workshops to ensure in-depth transfer of knowledge to a limited number of participants. A hackathon will also take place on the last day of the event where everyone is invited to get together and collaborate on different open source projects.
To learn more about the event, click here.
— netways (@netways) October 13, 2017
Open Source Monitoring Conference: Speakers
The Open Source Monitoring Conference will be attended by some of the world’s best open source monitoring experts. Among them is Bernd Erk, CEO of the German open source service company NETWAYS. He is also the Co-Founder and Community Manager of the Icinga Project, an open source computer system, and network monitoring application.
Bernd also contributes to Linux Magazine and Admin Magazine. He publishes articles and presents on different open source topics ranging from monitoring, configuration management to various open source data center solutions.
Aside from Bernd, other speakers for OSMC include:
- Alba Ferri Fitó, Network Engineer, Vodafone
- Anthony Goddard, VP of Operations, Sensu Inc.
- Bodo Schulz, Expert 1st Level Support, CoreMedia
- Christian Stein, NETWAYS GmbH
- Dave Kempe, Sol1
- Falk Stern, PROFI Engineering Systems, AG
- Holger Koch, DB Systel, GmbH
- Jochen Lillich, Founder and CEO, freistil IT Ltd
- Julien Pivotto, Open-Source Consultant, Inuits
- Marianne Spiller, Systems Engineer, DFKI
- Rob Hassing, IT Consultant, Deltics
- Richard Olups, SaaS Division, Nokia
- Thomas Widhalm, Senior Consultant, NETWAYS
To know more about the OSMC speakers, click here.
Open Source Monitoring Conference: Agendas
November 21st (Elizabeth)
WORKSHOP from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Icinga 2 – Distributed Monitoring
- Ansible-Configuration Management
- Timeseries & Analysis with Graphite und Grafana
- Elastic Stack-Modern Logfile Management
November 22nd (Saal Jacobi)
From 9 AM to 4:30 PM
- Conference Kick Off
- Next Generation Config Mgmt: Monitoring
- With a little help from… the community
- Ops and dev stories: Integrate everything into your monitoring stack
- Extending NSClient++
- Hochautomatisiertes Warenlogistik-Monitoring bei Europas größtem Handelsunternehmen
- Current State of Ichinga
November 23rd (Saal Jacobi)
From 9:30 AM to 4:45 PM
- Monitoring-dos and dont’s
- Monitoring Challenges in a World of Automation
- Automated Monitoring in heterogenous environments
- Ich sehe was, was du nicht siehst
- Building a monitoring solution for modern applications
- Icinga 2 + director, flexible Thresholds with Ansible
November 24th (Saal Elizabeth)
Form 10 AM onwards
To learn more about the other Open Source Monitoring Conference programs scheduled today until the 23rd, go here.