Bloomberg’s Apple insider Mark Gurman and KGI Securities’ Ming-Chi Kuo exposes the new features of the much awaited iPhone 7S/7S Plus and the 8.
Much has been said about Apple’s 10th Anniversary smartphone.
Dubbed by some as ‘iPhone X,’ the release date of the highly anticipated iPhone 8 is still unknown. Many believe that Apple is set to introduce its newest smartphone in September. However, some reports claim that the phone will not be available until the last quarter of the year.
The possible delay in the release of iPhone 8 is supported by a note issued by Timothy Arcuri from Cowen & Company. Apple Insider reported that Arcuri’s note indicated that Apple was still working on increasing yields of the AuthenTec Touch ID solution embedded in the screen of the iPhone 8.
Arcuri believes that the Touch ID and possible motherboard issues will push the mass production of the phone from the usual 3rd quarter of the year to 4th quarter.Latest #iPhone features leaked! iPhone 8 to have an OLED full-screen design.Click To Tweet
While the release date of iPhone 8 is still a mystery, its features have been circulating the internet for quite some time now together with iPhone 7S and 7S Plus. Just recently, Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities and Mark Gurman of Bloomberg delivered the latest iPhone features which everyone should watch out for.
iPhone 7S/ 7S Plus and iPhone 8 Leaked Features
- Apple will launch three iPhones this year. The 4.7″ iPhone 7S and 5.5″ iPhone 7S Plus with LCD display and the 5.8″ iPhone 8 with an OLED display.
- iPhone 8 will have a full-screen design.
- The 8 will have a virtual Home button.
- The 8 will not support the Touch ID due to its full-screen design not supporting the capacitive fingerprint recognition.
- iPhone 7S will only have a single camera and 2GB of DRAM.
- iPhone 7S Plus will have dual rear cameras and 3GB of DRAM.
- The 8 is anticipated to have an enhanced dual rear camera and 3GB of RAM.
- iPhone 7S and 7S Plus will retain Touch ID but is expected not to have facial recognition.
- iPhone 7S, iPhone 7S Plus, and the 8 will only be available in 64GB and 256GB storage options.
- All three iPhones will have an embedded USB-C power delivery for faster charging. Lightning port retained for the three phones.
- The three new iPhone models will have the same 5W power adapter with USB-A port. Fast charger may be an optional extra.
- The 8 will have upgraded speakers for enhanced stereo effects.
- The 8 will have fewer color options than iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus, at least at launch.
- The 8 will allow login, payment authentications, and secure apps launching through advanced facial recognition technology.
- The 8’s facial recognition will be powered by a new dedicated 3D sensor. Additional eye scanning test is also being done to augment the system.
- The 8 may come with the ProMotion display technology that is used in new 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- The 8 has an ‘Apple Neural Engine’ which handles both ProMotion and various “artificial intelligence tasks.”
- iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus will move to glass chassis with metal frames to accommodate WPC-standard Qi wireless charging.
- Wireless charging on all new iPhones will require an optional accessory and will not be available out of the box.
- DRAM transfer speed of iPhone 8, iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus is 10-15% faster than iPhone 7 for improved AR performance.
- Apple will unveil the three iPhone models simultaneously.
- iPhone 7S and 7S Plus have an anticipated August-September release date. iPhone 8 has an October-November release date. Shipments projected to be 80-85M units combined with 50/50 split between LCD and OLED.