One of the country’s premier technology conferences, the GeekWire Summit 2017, will be kicking off today with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella as this year’s featured speaker.
Since 2012, the Seattle-based technology news website, GeekWire, has been hosting the annual technology event to bring together entrepreneurs, business leaders, and innovators from different parts of the world to discuss the future of the innovation economy.
GeekWire Summit 2017 will be presented by Bank of America and will run for three days, from October 9th to the 11th, in Seattle, Washington. The Summit itself will take place over two days at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle.#GeekWireSummit2017 will kick off tomorrow in Seattle! Are you attending?Click To Tweet
The welcome party on the night of October 9th will be held at the newly-renovated Living Computers Museum + Labs in Seattle’s Sodo neighborhood with VIP reception and special remarks from Baidu President Ya-Qin Zhang. On the 10th, the evening opening party will occur on the rooftop deck of Frolik.
The event’s lineup of activities and discussions will include fireside chats with top thinkers in areas of artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, biotechnology, cloud computing, retail, cryptocurrency, and so much more.
The upcoming GeekWire Summit will also kick off its latest speaker series dubbed as ‘Immigrant’s Journey’ which will feature students, entrepreneurs, and CEOs telling their inspiring stories.
Where to Watch
Check for a live stream here starting October 10th.
GeekWire Summit 2017 Speakers
This year’s GeekWire Summit headliner will be Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, following the release of his latest book titled ‘Hit Refresh.’
Other agenda speakers include:
- Kevin Johnson, Starbuck CEO – transformation of the coffee giant into a digital powerhouse
- Apoorva Mehta, Instacart CEO – inside look at the future of grocery shopping
- Toni Reid, Amazon VP – will talk about AI and what’s next with Alexa and Echo
- Dr. Gary Gilliland, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center President – will discuss the latest innovations in the fight against cancer
- Bob Ferguson, Attorney General of Washington State – will provide an update on the battle against President Donald Trump’s immigration ban
Other notable speakers:
- Mary Cummings, Humans and Autonomy Lab Director at Duke University
- Emily Chang, Bloomberg Technology Anchor
- Jeff Wilke, Amazon World Wide Consumer CEO
- Rebecca Lynn, Canvas Ventures Partner
- John Collison, Stripe Co-Founder
- Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, theBoardlist Founder
- Julie Sandler, Pioneer Square Labs Managing Director
- Dr. Christof Koch, Allen Institute for Brain Science President and Chief Scientific Officer
- Sarah Travel, Benchmark General Partner
- Spencer Rascoff, Zillow Group CEO
- Nick Wingfield, The New York Times Reporter
- Todd Stabelfeldt, C4 Database Management CEO
- Leslie Feinzaig, Venture Kits CEO
- Arif Kareem, ExtraHop Networks CEO
- Dana Lewis, OpenAPS Founder
- Brian Monnin, Play Impossible CEO & Co-founder
- Naria Santa Lucia, WSOS Executive Director
- Chuks Onwuneme, Pillsy Co-founder
- Chloe Harford, OfferUp VP of Product
- Jonathan Sposato, GeekWire + PicMonkey Chairman
- Margaret O’Mara, Universiy of Washington Professor
- Brad Smith, Microsoft President
- Reetu Gupta, Cirkled In CEO
- Joe Roets, Draginchain Inc. Founder
- Amy Bohuntinsky, Zillow Group COO
- Effenus Henderson, Institute for Sustainable Diversity & Inclusion President
- Ina Fried, Axios Chief Technology Correspondent
- Eric Osborne, HERE Seattle Co-Founder
- Sarah Bird, Moz CEO
- Sahil Diwan, Safkan CEO
- Jevin West, University of Washington Assistant Professor, Information School
- Derek Richardson, Deako CEO
- Marene Wiley, JikoPower Co-Founder
- Vinny Green, Snopes Co-owner and VP of Operations
- Citlaly Ramirez, WSOS Scholar
- Michael Grabham, Start IT Seattle Founder and Host
- Guillaume Wiatr, Metahelm Founder
GeekWire Summit 2017 Agenda
October 9th – GeekWire Summit Welcome Party at the Living Computers Museum + Labs
Meet Summit attendees, speakers, and other VIPs at this warm-up party hosted by Vulcan, Inc. at the unique Living Computers Museum + Labs in SODO (2245 First Ave S, Seattle WA, 98134). The Welcome Party is open to all GeekWire Summit attendees. Select VIP guests will be invited to a pre-party hosted by Baidu, featuring a fireside chat with Baidu President Ya-Qin Zhang.
October 10th – Registration & Breakfast, Opening Remarks, Fireside Chats, Immigrant’s Journey, Power Talks, Geeks Give Back, Sponsored Lunch Talk, The VC View, Inventions We Love, Day 1, Capital One Rooftop Party at Frolik
October 11th – Registration & Breakfast, Panel: Diversity and Inclusion, Opening Remarks, Fireside Chats, Power Talks, Immigrant’s Journey, Sponsored Lunch, Inventions We Love Day 2, Surprise GeekWire Announcement, Panel: Tech, Media, and the Future of the Truth, Closing Remarks, Happy Hour Sponsored by Boeing
You can still join the GeekWire Summit 2017 and purchase your Late Bird – General Admission ticket for $799 USD here.