The premier, by-invitation-only WSJ tech event, D. Live, will be kicking off today! Are you invited? If not, that’s okay. Here’s what’s going on.
D.Live, the highly exclusive tech event made possible by Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal will be kicking off at Montage Laguna Beach, California. This WSJ tech event will run for three days beginning today.
The by-invitation-only conference is sponsored by BMW North America, Epson America, HNA Technology, Huawei, Nasdaq, NetJets, Ulysse Nardin, and Wells Fargo.
D.Live will bring together “an unmatched group of founders, investors, and luminaries from around the world.” The event will also feature the six finalists of the 2017 Global Startup Showcase:
- Bounce Imaging
- My Jomo
The six startups were chosen by the editors of the Wall Street Journal and will be given a chance to present their companies onstage at D.Live during the October 17th evening program.
Each Finalist will have three minutes to present their companies to the WSJ tech event’s chosen panel of judges and the D.Live audience as well.
“The judges will give individual feedback after each pitch, and the audience will have final say when they vote for their favorite. The favorite will be featured in the D.LIVE special report published in the Wall Street Journal and on WSJ.com.” ~ D.Live
D.Live WSJ Tech Event: Speakers
The WSJ tech event will feature some of the greatest minds in the world coming from different fields such as AI, transportation, communication, and e-commerce. Among its pool of speakers is Dan Amman.
Dan Amman is the current President of General Motors. According to his company profile:
“Amman is responsible for managing the company’s business operations around the world, the global Chevrolet and Cadillac brand organizations, global product planning, new business development and GM Financial.”
Amman joined GM in 2010 as Vice President of Finance and Treasurer. He also serves as the Chairman of the Board of Shanghai General Motors, considered as the company’s largest Chinese joint venture.
Amman is also a member of the Board of Directors of Hewlett Packard Enterprise and the premium car service provider, Lyft, Inc. Aside from that, he’s also a certified industry pool test driver at the Nürburgring Nordschleife racetrack in Germany.
Other speakers for the D.Live includes:
- Sam Altman, President, Y Combinator
- Chip Bergh, President and CEO, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Barry Diller, Chairman and Senior Executive, IAC and Expedia, Inc.
- Joelle Emerson, Founder and CEO, Paradigm
- David Eun, President, Samsung Next
- Christina Lewis Halpern, Founder and Executive Director, All Star Code
- John Hanke, CEO, Niantic, Inc.
- Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO, The Huffington Post/ Thrive Global/ Uber
- Mark Hurd, CEO, Oracle Corporation
- Peggy Johnson, EVP, Business Development, Microsoft
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, Partner, WndrCo
- Philip Krim, Co-Founder and CEO, Casper
- Brian Krzanich, CEO, Intel Corporation
- George Kurtz, Co-Founder and CEO, CrowdStrike
- Jenny Lee, Managing Partner, GGV Capital
- Max Levchin, Founder and CEO, Affirm
- Robin Li, Co-Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Baidu, Inc.
- Marc Lore, President and CEO, Walmart eCommerce U.S.
- David Marcus, Vice President, Messaging Products, Facebook
- Bill Maris, Founder, Section 32
- Jessica Matthews, Founder and CEO, Uncharted Play, Inc.
- Tariq Meyers, Head of Inclusion and Diversity, Lyft
- Steven Mollenkopf, CEO, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Jennifer Nason, Global Chairman of Investment Banking, J.P. Morgan
- Jonah Peretti, Founder and CEO, BuzzFeed
- Matthew Prince, Co-Founder and CEO, Cloudflare
- Chuck Robbins, CEO, Cisco
- Mark Sagar, Co-Founder and CEO, Soul Machines
- Joe Tsai, Executive Vice Chairman, Alibaba Group
- Marcus Wainwright, CEO, Founder, and Creative Director, Rag & Bone
- Michael Wolf, CEO and Co-Founder, Activate
- Andy Xu, COO, Vincross
Aside from speakers, there will also be featured participants. The event will be hosted by the Wall Street Journal editorial staff.
D.Live WSJ Tech Event: Agenda
- D.Live Startup Workshop (By Invitation Only)
- Speaker and C-Suite Membership Reception
- D.Live Welcome Reception
- Opening Dinner and Evening Programming
- The Change Agent
- The New New Hollywood
- Cocktails Under the Stars
- D.Live Late Night
- Morning Activities and Breakfast
- Welcome Remarks
- Eating Everything
- Recharging a Retail Giant
- Community 2.0: Partners, Planes, and Plumbers
- AR is the Game
- Demo: Along Came a Spider
- The Autonomous Future is Now
- AI, Machine Learning, and the Quantum Age
- Inside the Deal: the Environment for Tech M&A
- The Eye of the Activist
- Luncheon Roundtable Discussions
- Think Again: Tech Surprises and 2018 Outlook
- Denim Goes Digital
- Sweet Dreams: Unboxing a New Business Model
- Inside Samsung;s Skunk Works
- The Cyber War Room
- Putting Tech in the Driver’s Seat
- Africa’s Tech Rush
- Building the City of Tomorrow
- From Search to Singularity
- Global Startup Showcase
- Lessons Learned
- D.Live After Dark
- Breakfast and Morning Activities
- Welcome Back Remarks
- The Message is the Medium
- Fintech’s Promise
- Diversity, Identity, and the Hunt for Talent
- Demo: The Baby face of the Root Uprising
- Cloud Next
- Beyond Cats: Video Grows Up
- Seeding the Next Tech Revolution
- D.Luxe Opening Lunch
- The Art of Engagement
- Creating a Fashion Mystique
- Business Model
- Trusting Your Gut
To request an invite, click here.