Blockchain Summit London, one of the most highly anticipated blockchain tech events in Europe starts today.
On a day where Bitcoins are worth close to $10,000 USD, the technology behind the world’s top cryptocurrency attracts experts from all over.
Blockchain Summit London is a one-day event that will bring together over 700 participants from different parts of the world to learn more about the emerging blockchain technology. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from more than 60 visionary leaders from major corporations such as Barclays, RBS, Shell, Legal & General, Thomson Reuters, and many more.
Several case study presentations covering all aspects of blockchain across security, cryptocurrency, identification, record keeping, and smart contracts will be provided for better understanding. Aside from that, other notable speakers will take center stage to present their visions for the future of finance, insurance, healthcare, supply chain, retail, utilities, and more.#BlockchainSummit is kicking off today in #London! #Blockchain @BlockchainHQClick To Tweet
Participants of the Blockchain Summit London will also get the chance to learn about how modern companies are leveraging blockchain to get strategic advantages. Furthermore, the event presents an excellent networking opportunity for business and industry leaders who are looking forward to harnessing the power of blockchain for their respective organizations.
The Blockchain Summit will be held at the Olympia Conference Centre and is primarily sponsored by Open Trading Network, IBM, and Bitfury.
— Blockchain Summit (@BlockchainHQ) November 28, 2017
Blockchain Summit London: Speakers
One of the key speakers for the Blockchain Summit London is Saverio Romeo, he is the event’s chair and Chief Research Officer at Beecham Research. Prior to his appointment as CRO last June, Romeo was the principal analyst of Beecham and was primarily involved in the company’s development of the Internet of Things (IoT), M2M, wearable technologies, and smart solutions.
Romeo also worked as a research analyst at the European Commission in Brussels and is a current research Fellow at the Centre for Innovation Management Research at Birbeck College, University of London.
Aside from Romeo, other visionary speakers for the event include:
- Peter Busch, Senior Manager, Connected Services, Bosch
- Amit Patel, Director of New Ventures, Bupa
- Taavi Roivas, Vice President, Parliamentary of Estonia
- Julian Wilson, Head of Mobile Innovation, Barclays
- David Janczewski, Head of New Business & Strategic Intelligence, The Royal Mint
- Noelle Acheson, Editorial Producer, Coindesk
- Mats Snall, Chief Digital Officer, Swedish National Land Survey
- Murali Rathnam, Head of Business Solutions Engineering, Western Union
- Carlos Kuchkovsky, CTO New Digital Business, BBVA
- Maarten Ectors, Chief Digital Officer, Legal & General
- Jody Cleworth, CEO, Marine Transport International
- Dr. Sohail Munir, Director-Smart City Enablement Services, Smart Dubai Government
- Vasily Alexeec, CTO, Serenity Financial
- Jason Robert, Co-Founder and CEO, HelloSugoi
- Saar Levi, Co-Founder and CEO, Cedex
- Ilia Karas, Executive Adviser, Pulsar Venture Capital
- Sorin Moisa, MEP, European Parliamentary
- Lee Pennington, CEO, Vyral
- Alina Angheluta, Business Development Manager, Bitcomo
- Paul Copping, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Greenwich
To see the full list of speakers for the event, go here.
Blockchain Summit London: Agendas
The Blockchain Summit London will begin at 8:50 AM until 5:30 PM.
Room 1 8:50 AM to 9:40 AM
- Chair’s Introduction
- How Radically will Blockchain Change the Backbone of the Financial Industry?
- Decentralizing Cross Chain Transactions
Room 1 9:50 AM to 11:10 AM
- Rethinking Enterprise
- Why Do Blockchain and Reputation Go Well Together Like Electricity and Tesla?
- Making Blockchain Real: The Effect on Industry Forces and Obstacles Organizations Face Along the Way
- Panel: Exploring Opportunities for Applications Beyond Cryptocurrencies
Room 2 9:50 AM to 11:10 AM
- Innovation and Core Technologies
- Internet Rules and the Bitcoin Protocols
- Blockchain for the New World
- Panel: Transforming the Architecture for Money Transfer
Room 1 11:40 AM to 3:10 PM
- How is Blockchain Technology Disrupting the Music Industry?
- How to Make Insurance Exciting With Blockchain
- Creating the Framework for Blockchain to Succeed
- How to Begin the Transition to Blockchain
Room 2 11:40 AM to 3:10 PM
- The Decentralized Home Rental Platform: How it Works and How it Can Affect Life
- Exonum – Your Next Step to Blockchain
- How Can Blockchain Help Develop Emerging Markets?
- Transforming Diamonds Into a New Asset Class
- The Future of ICOs: Good Governance or Goodbye
- Should the Energy Industry Avoid or Embrace Blockchain Technology?
Room 3 11:40 AM to 3:10 PM
- Reinventing Insurance: Etherisc Decentralized Insurance
- Smart Contracts for Business Network
- Blockchain – The Solution for Supply Chain Transparency?
- Blockchain: How To Find Good Use Cases
- The New Era of Wealth Management With Smart Contracts
- Solving the KYC Challenge with Blockchain
Room 4 11:40 AM to 3:10 PM
- Is Blockchain the Answer to Healthcare’s Electronic Record Sharing Challenges?
- The Ways in Which Blockchain Can Change the Future Citizen Experience
- How the NAGA Coin Will Make Financial and Virtual Goods Trading Accessible for Everyone
- Blockchain Technologies Could Transform Government Services
- Turning ICOs Vyral
- E-Chat: Connect Yourself With the Future!
Room 1 3:45 PM to 5:30 PM
- Rethinking Enterprise
- How Blockchain May Disrupt the Automotive Industry – An Insider’s View
- A Vision for the Future of Social Impact
- Panel: Developing Compelling Use Cases to Take Blockchain Mainstream: Determining Whether Blockchain is Right for Your Business
Room 2 3:45 PM to 5:30 PM
- Innovation and Core Technologies
- The Social Payments Revolution
- CCRBX: The World’s First BTC and CCRB Peer-to-Peer Marketplace
- CCRB: Reinventing Crypto Mining
- Blockchain: The Power to Clean Up Finance
- Panel: Developing the Technology to Generate Industry Trust and Traction